Dr. James Hurley has been a practicing marriage and family therapist since 1985. A Harvard graduate, he also holds two doctoral degrees, a Ph.D. in Marriage and the Family from Florida State University and a D.Phil. in New Testament ethics from Cambridge University.
Specialties: Couples and trauma survivors
- Professor of Counseling and Professor of Marriage and Family Therapy at Reformed Theological Seminary
- Program Chair of the Marriage and Family Therapy Program at Reformed Theological Seminary
- Past-President, Mississippi Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Associate Professor of Theology at Westminster Theological Seminary
- Assistant Professor of Biblical Studies and Interdisciplinary Studies at Covenant College
- Ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church of America
- Published author of Man and Woman in the Biblical Perspective
- Selected presentations:
- Crisis, Grief and Trauma, Desire Street Ministries, New Orleans
- The Marriage Journey: Evidence-based Approaches to Marital Counseling and Biblical Studies, RTS Conference on Christian Counseling
- Counseling Survivors of Sexual Abuse, The Mental Health Board of St. Vincent
Dr Hurley will be joining us by telehealth in mid-December and will be seeing couples and survivors of trauma.
He is currently not accepting insurance.