Andrew received his undergraduate degree from the University of Mississippi, Oxford and his Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy and Counseling from Reformed Theological Seminary. Andrew is currently pursuing forensic interviewing training.
- Interned in a Community Health Center
- Counselor at Bio-Behavioral Medicine Group and New Orleans Center for Mind-Body Health
- Taught Psychology 101, Group Therapy, Psychopathology, Trauma/Abuse courses
- Served on Mississippi Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Partnered with churches in private practice
- Private practice in Mobile and Fairhope
He is a Gottman Couple’s therapist with advanced training in Internal Family Systems. Besides couple’s counseling, he works exceptional well with trauma, abuse, and sexuality issues.
Andrew’s Approach to Therapy
Individuals live in many different relationships. Incorporating support from those networks can accelerate the growth process. I use a collaborative approach to promote therapeutic change. With the client’s consent, I coordinate care with psychiatrists, physicians, family members, social support network and other relevant people.
He uses different approaches for individuals, couples and family systems.
He encourages clients to use all available avenues to achieve their goals. Often that means developing mindful/relaxation practices, exercise, nutrition, and medication (if appropriate).